Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is a fundraiser for the African People's Education and Defense Fund, a non-profit organization focused on building programs and institutions that defend the civil and human rights of the black community and bridge disparities faced by the black community in health, education and economic development.
We work with hundreds of volunteers every year and have some fun and exciting opportunities available.
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles has been working with volunteers for the past 26 years! We were recently voted “Best Furniture Store” by the reader’s poll of the East Bay Express for the 5th year in a row and “Best Furniture Store” by Oakland Magazine. We are certified as a “Green Business Ally” by Green America. And we are a proud, grassroots, local 501c3 non-profit. All great reasons to work with us!
We are currently looking for volunteers to work with us during weekdays, weekend and evening hours. We have onsite and offsite volunteer opportunities. Here are some of the benefits:
• Have fun and meet new people
• Learn new skills and utilize skills you have
• Individual and group opportunities available
• Complete service hours
• Flexible shifts available
• Make a difference in your community! Contribute to self-determination in the African community!
Here are some of the areas in which volunteers work:
• Sales assistance
• Community outreach
• Moving and arranging furniture
• Merchandising and making the store look its best
• Special projects: online postings, photography, social media, telemarketing, creating print marketing materials, onsite volunteer coordination, onsite estate sales, and more!
• Internships are also available!
Signing up is easy! Contact us today and get started! 510-763-3342, email@example.com or sign up in the store at 3742 Grand Ave., Oakland.